PHPStan finds bugs in your code without writing tests
It’s open-source and free
I’m Ondřej. I like pointing out mistakes in other people’s code so much that I created PHPStan, a popular static analysis tool that focuses on finding bugs in PHP code without running it.
PHPStan’s development is my full-time job and I love every minute of it! I’m in it for the long run and I have no plans of stopping.
What does it mean to be a full-time open-source developer? It’s not just writing code:
- Maintenance and development of PHPStan. Coming up with new features, evaluating them, and integrating them in a useful way. Fixing bugs. Implementing support for new PHP versions that come out every year.
- Reviewing and finishing pull requests from other contributors.
- Maintenance and development of 1st party PHPStan extensions.
- Writing documentation, maintenance of this website and the on-line playground.
- Responding to issues and support questions on GitHub and other places.
- Marketing and social media presence. My work would go in vain if no one knew about it!
Many individual developers, teams both small and large, even the largest companies in the world rely on PHPStan to catch bugs before they reach production and to keep an eye on quality of their code. PHPStan is also the backbone of other popular open-source projects like Rector.
Do you enjoy using PHPStan? Is it indispensable in your everyday work? I’d be eternally grateful if you could contribute to making sure I can do this work I love indefinitely.
This is a great option if you’re already paying for GitHub itself. PHPStan sponsorship is going to be just another item on your GitHub bill.
PHPStan in a premium package with extra features.
Beautiful web UI instead of CLI to browse your errors, auto-refresh with continuous analysis in the background. Monthly and annual subscriptions for individuals and teams.
Please contact me with any questions: email@example.com